Monday, February 04, 2008

First Prenatal Visit

Our first prenatal visit today went as expected for me. Sunny's never been to one, so I made sure that he got to see my cervix. I think that both of us are reassured that our doctor will listen to us and communicate well; the great news is that since she is a family practice doctor, our relationship doesn't have to end once the baby's born.

Now, I thought that we were about a month pregnant since we started coming up positive the first week of January. Normally pregnancy dating goes by the date on which you started your last period, but since I stopped birth control just a few days before that, I figured that it would take a while before I would ovulate. However, my uterus apparently feels about two months' pregnant, so we'll see what next week's ultrasound shows!

No comments: