Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pediatric Book Reviews

What can I say...I'm big. At 37 weeks pregnant, I'm nearly full term (38-42 weeks), and I'm big. As far as I can tell, it's all baby and breasts, though, so I'm hoping that walking will become much easier once that baby drops into the world.

In preparation for the baby, many moms will start reading "baby books", a category of nonfiction whose discussions range from how to shop for the baby on a budget to how to parent to how to breastfeed. With one of my fellow residents, who's due the same time I am, I'm developing a curriculum for new parent-residents to complete at home, which means I get to read the books and get credit towards completion of residency at the same time. To track my current forays into the wilds of baby books, I'll be posting brief notes on each book.

No comments: